At times, copper windings in electric motors will burn out for various reasons such as excess load, or damaged bearings. When this happens, it is neccessary for the motor to be disassembled and the copper windings to be rewound.
Typically it takes between one to three days to repair and rewind an electric motor depending on extent of the damage and work required. However, at Sydney Motor Rewinds, we understand the disruptions a breakdown can cause, that's why we can offer after-hour and weekend services to ensure that your machinery or equipment is back to its normal working conditions with minimal downtime.
At Sydney Motor Rewinds, we offer a range of electric motor rewind services in applications such as:
Air con motor replacement
Air compressor motors
DC armatures and motors
Domestic & commercial pool pumps
Electric brakes & clutches
Generators rewinds and repairs
Industrial and condensor fan blowers
High voltage motors
Kitchen exhaust motors
Oil pump motors
Servo/high frequency motors
Shaded pole motors and coils
To quote Benjamin Franklin, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Just like our cars, electric motors also require regular servicing to prolong their life and ensure that they are working as they should. Well serviced electric motors are less likely to burn out which in turn means more money in your pocket!
Sydney Motor Rewinds offers electric motor repair services such as
• Bearing Change
• Bearing Housing Repairs
• Brush Replacement
• Capacitor Replacement
• Disassemble & Inspections
• Enamel Paint
• Gear Repairs
• High Pressure Wash
• Machine Skim & Undercut Commutators
• Sand Blasting
• Shaft Extensions and Repairs
• Wash and Bake
Contact us today for a quote!
In some cases, it is more cost effective to replace a motor rather than repairing it, thats why in addition to rewind and repair services, we also supply a range of Metric frame and Imperial frame motors.
• Cap run single phase metric frame motors from 0.09kW to 1.5kW
• Cap start/cap run single metric frame motors from 0.37kW to 3.7kW
• Aluminium 3 phase metric motors from 0.06kW to 37kW
• Cast iron 3 phase metric motors from 0.55kW to 315kW
• Aluminium 3 phase metric brake motors from 0.37kW to 7.5kW
• Fasco equivalent single and twin shaft 3 speed air movement motors
• Single phase B56 imperial frame motors from 0.75 to 1.5kW
• Single phase air compressor motors from 1.1kW to 2.2kW